If you have previously deferred VAT between the 20th March 2020 and the 30th June 2020 and you still have payments to make, you can now.
- Pay the VAT in full by the 31st March 2021
- or join the new VAT deferral scheme between the 23rd February 2021 and the 21st June 2021
This will allow you to pay your VAT bill in equal instalments, interest free. You can choose between 2 to 11 instalments to pay the VAT bill off (depending on when you join).
We trust this will be a welcomed measure for all of our clients, but if you need extra help to pay, you can contact HMRC’s Business payment support helpline on 0800 024 1222.
NOTE: This service will not be automatic, and you will have to sign up if you want to benefit from this service yourself for each business where you have deferred VAT.
|If you join by:
|Number of instalments available to you:
|19 March 2021
|21 April 2021
|19 May 2021
|21 June 2021
You will need to do this yourself by following the steps at:
How to join
Before joining, you must:
- create your own Government Gateway account (if you do not already have one)
- submit any outstanding VAT returns from the last 4 years – otherwise you’ll not be able to join the scheme
- correct errors on your VAT returns as soon as possible
- make sure you know how much you owe, including the amount you originally deferred and how much you may have already paid
To use the online service, you must:
- join the scheme yourself, your agent cannot do this for you
- still have deferred VAT to pay
- be up to date with your VAT returns
- join by 21 June 2021
- pay the first instalment when you join
- pay your instalments by Direct Debit (if you want to use the scheme but cannot pay by Direct Debit, there’s an alternative entry route for you)