If you’re worried about paying taxes that are becoming payable to HMRC, due to the current stress that the Coronavirus has put on your business then HMRC may be able to help.
The following detail is our interpretation of information that has been provided to us from HMRC. If you have any queries or wish to act on this advice, please CALL THE HELPLINE, the details of which can be found below:
HMRC Coronavirus Helpline:
Telephone: 0800 015 9559
Monady to Friday, 8am to 8pm
Saturday , 8am to 4pm
HMRC have since stated the following updates on how deferring tax may work:
- Tax can only be deferred AFTER it is due
- They can possibly defer tax for up to 3 months (Interest may be charged)
- Any interest potentially charged MAY be subject to objection under the circumstances
- There shouldn’t be fines for late penalties
- A note will be made of your case upon calling
While we are awaiting more details on this service, this is a good indicator of what we should be expecting from the helpline. If you have any questions please call us and we will be happy to provide assistance.
Office Telephone: 01843 2919944