ESA or Universal Credit

In this article we are defining the two differences between the benefits ESA and Universal Credit.

Employment and Support Allowance is specifically for those employed, self-employed or unemployed who has a disability or a health condition that affects how much you can work. This is a good match for those who are self-isolating or are sick (but maybe unable to claim Statutory Sick Pay) during this time. More information can be found online at.

Universal Credit is more so if you are feeling the pinch or out of work during these times. This is a Governmental benefit with conditions depending on your specific circumstances. For many of our clients where work has dried up. This is a good match. Universal Credit is a monthly payment to help with your living costs. Everyone claiming Universal Credit needs to report their self-employed earnings at the end of each monthly assessment period. This includes company directors, even those paying themselves by PAYE. This is something we can help you with, using the information provided by your Xero account. For the meantime, more information on how to apply can be found online at.